Welcome to Hartside Primary
Welcome to Hartside Primary Academy, thank you for visiting and viewing our website. We hope that you find it a useful way to find out about our expectations, values and ways of working. If you have any further questions or queries, we encourage you to come and visit us and speak to any of our committed and welcoming staff team.
At Hartside Primary, we aim to make sure that 'Every child makes progress and succeeds'. This is what drives us, is fundamental to every policy we have in place and every lesson we teach. We believe that our school curriculum is far bigger than the National Curriculum and we aim to support and guide children in a fun and friendly way to achieving their goals.
Learning takes place both in and outside the classroom as well as in and outside of school. We absolutely love it when parents and carers take an active part in their child’s education. Some come into our school and support the learning of children and their friends. We aim to meet the needs of our community in a positive way and we welcome all feedback on our development as a growing and improving school.
We ask our children open ended questions in a variety of lessons and contexts, challenging them to consider their answers thoughtfully and carefully. There are no wrong answers or mistakes, we only see opportunities to learn. We hope that through their thoughts and answers to these questions that children will leave our school with the skills and qualities needed to become a responsible global citizen, in an ever changing world.
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
Please contact us via the details below. Your call will be received by either Miss Gent, Miss Varley or Miss Cardwell
Hartside Primary Academy
Tel. 01388 766686
Please read our prospectus
Latest School Calendar Events
- School Closed - Half Term26May2018
- Robinwood Residential Visit06Jun2018
- Phonics Screening Week - Y1 and Y211Jun2018
- Y3 and Y5 Trip to Hamsterley Forest11Jun2018
Hartside Primary Academy News
- We are delighted to introduce our new Community Outreach Worker and Learning Mentor, Miss Karen Turnbull. Karen will be on the yard each morning and at the gate on an evening to say hello.
- We are seeking to appoint an SEND Learning Support Worker to work in our EYFS unit.
- Advice and Guidance on careers this Thursday 22nd February at Hartside Primary Academy.
You can now buy school uniform for your child online.
Click here to visit the school uniform online shop.